GLASGOW-L Archives

Archiver > GLASGOW > 2002-11 > 1037244468

Subject: [GLASGOW] Re: Currituck County, North Carolina Glasgows, Anyone and Everyone Please Reply!!
Date: 13 Nov 2002 20:28:43 -0700

Surnames: Glasgow
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/5BZ.2ACEB/350.3.1

Message Board Post:

Craig, thanks for replying to my posting. Jesse Glasgow married Ann "Hannah" Boyd September 2, 1835 in Davidson County, Tennessee. They are listed in the 1850 Benton County, Tennessee Census and then Jesse lived the rest of his life in Stewart County, Tennessee til his death in 1892.

I do not know if his middle name is James or not. Currituck County, North Carolina, where he was born, does not have birth records going back to his birth year of 1816, so I can not check that. I have only seen his name listed as Jesse in any record.

It's funny that you ask that question about his name, there is a family story that has not been researched or proven that the outlaw Jesse James was related to my husband's family through this Glasgow line. Supposedly after Jesse James was suppose to have been killed he came here to Tennessee and lived with the Glasgow's and at the same time these same Glasgow's came into a lot of property and money. Who know's maybe it's true and maybe it's not, I don't think I will ever find out but it makes for good story telling.

This Jesse Glasgow is my husband's ggg-grandfather. I too have somewhat of a connection to another Glasgow line. My aunt is married to Bruce Carl Glasgow, II. His father was Bruce Carl Glasgow and he was married to Minnie Lea Bryan. I have not looked into this Glasgow line as of yet to see if they connect to my husband's line.

I would be glad to share the in formation I have on Jesse Glasgow and his family if you are interested. You can write me at

This thread: