GLENN-L Archives

Archiver > GLENN > 2005-05 > 1115600524

From: "Frieda" <>
Subject: Re: [GLENN] Re: GLENN-D Digest V05 #12
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 18:02:04 -0700

Nita and other Glenns
I'm an old time Glenn Researcher. Good to see your name Nita. My family
is shown below. But have a question for you all. While at Salt Lake City
Family History Center a couple of weeks ago, I found Glenn's in Camden
District, Chester Co., South Carolina. I thought and still do that my
Glenn's were in Pendleton Co., South Carolina before heading to Jefferson
Co., Alabama. But there is a chance that I am wrong or they moved. While
checking Chester Co., South Carolina I found the following Glenn's in 1790
John, 2 Thomas, J A Glenn and Robert Glenn. With them were the Moore's,
Franklins and Clarks that go to Hopkins Co., Kentucky in 1810 and end up in
Jefferson Co., Alabama in the same neighborhood with my Joseph Glenn and
family. Now we have been told that our Joseph was Joseph Berry Glenn. His
first son was Joseph Berry Glenn Jr. and was called Joberry by many to
distinquish the difference. Would like to know who these Chester Co., S.C.
Glenn's are to either eleminate them our see if they are part of my line.

After many years of search I still can not get back further than Joseph
Berry Glenn Sr.

Hugs,
Frieda Glenn Bennett
1. JOSEPH BERRY GLENN was born 1780 in South Carolina, and died 28 May 1849
in Jefferson County, Alabama. He married REBECCA GLENN. Maiden name unknown.
She was born November 1792 in South Carolina, and died November 1872 in
Mulga, Jefferson County, Alabama.
More About JOSEPH BERRY ELIAS GLENN:

Burial: Jefferson Co., Alabama

Census: 1800, Pendleton Co., South Carolina

Property: 23 March 1805, Pendleton Co., South Carolina

More About REBECCA GLENN:

Burial: Jefferson Co., Alabama

Children of JOSEPH GLENN and REBECCA GLENN are:

2. i. JOSEPH BERRY2 GLENN, b. 1810, South Carolina; d. 1846, Jefferson Co.,
Alabama.

3. ii. ELIAS GLENN, b. 1812, South Carolina; d. ABT 24 June 1879, Mulga,
Jefferson Co., Alabama.

4. iii. ROBERT WASHINGTON GLENN, b. 10 November 1815, South Carolina; d. 30
December 1891, Tishomingo Co., Mississippi.

iv. JOHN A. GLENN, b. 1820, South Carolina; d. Bef. 15 November 1862; m.
ELIZABETH YANCY, 6 April 1846, Jefferson Co., Alabama.

v. MALISSA GLENN, b. 1820, South Carolina; m. WILLIAM A ERWIN, 12 September
1843, Jefferson Co., Alabama.

Marriage Notes for MALISSA GLENN and WILLIAM ERWIN:

Marriage of Malissa Glenn and William Erwin is recorded in the Jefferson Co.
Marriage book 2 page 238 September 11, 1843 by Christopher Deavours

5. vi. DAVID GLENN, b. 17 September 1825, South Carolina/Alabama; d. 6
December 1894, Jefferson Co., Alabama.

vii. FRANCIS MARION GLENN, b. 1829, Alabama; d. ABT September 1862; m.
ESTHER (GLENN), Bef. March 1855; b. ABT 1825, Georgia; d. ABT 1862.

More About FRANCIS MARION GLENN:

Census: 1860, census Jefferson Co., Ala Green's Precinct

Parent: Joseph Berry Glenn

viii. ISAAC GLENN, b. Bet. 1830 - 1831, Alabama; d. 1862, Civil War.

6. ix. JESSE/JAMES GLENN, b. 1834, Alabama Born 1836; d. Aft. 1900,
Alexandria, Kentucky.

x. OBEDIAH W. GLENN, b. 1835, Alabama; d. 13 April 1909; m. MARY ELIZABETH
SNIDER, 18 July 1859, Jefferson Co., Alabama; b. 8 May 1841, Tuscaloosa
County, Alabama.

This thread: