GLOUCESTER-L Archives

Archiver > GLOUCESTER > 2002-10 > 1035177908

From: "Lisa Durston" <>
Subject: [GLS] Prison Visits
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 15:41:29 +1000

Hi List

I've been off the list for a while as we have been renovating a house, but now I'm back!!

Does anyone know anything about family visiting rights to prisoners.

My 2 x great grandfather was sent to Pentonville Prison in 1866 for 15 years. The prison records show that he had 1 child at the time of his sentence, and another was born shortly after.

The interesting part is that his wife had another 4 children while he was in prison, one of which is my great grandfather.

I am wondering if his wife would have been allowed to spend time with him alone.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Lisa Durston
Hot and sunny Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.

Researching MUSTOE and GOODE in GLS.

This thread: