GLOUCESTER-L Archives

Archiver > GLOUCESTER > 2005-05 > 1115322177

Subject: Re: [GLS] OVERSEERS RECORDS Glos
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 15:42:57 EDT

Hi Adrian,
I can tell you that parish 181 is Horsley, as I have used many
of the records, including the records of the Overseers of the Poor [OV 181]

If other Overseers records are similar to those of Horsley they run to
several volumes of close written information. They do make interesting reading,
including details of money raised from inhabitants and disbursements to named
people in distress with reasons provided.

I think that the numbers have been allocated in alphabetical order of the
name of each parish.

Cheers,
Janet Heskins
(Surbiton, Surrey)