GODWIN-L Archives

Archiver > GODWIN > 1969-12 > 0000000012

Subject: GODWIN-D Digest V97 #2

------------------------------

GODWIN-D DigestVolume 97 : Issue 2

Today's Topics:
#1 Re: Save the National Archives! [Danell Aukerman <]
#2 David Godwin, NC []

______________________________
------------------------------

Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 08:23:11 +0000
From: Danell Aukerman <>
Subject: Re: Save the National Archives!

If, (before you write a letter), you would like more details about what
is proposed, here is the WEB site to go to:

http://www.nara.gov/nara/vision/strategic_directions.html

Danell Aukerman

Corvallis, OR

______________________________
------------------------------

Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 21:06:23 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: David Godwin, NC

Hello Godwin Researchers;

I am searching for information on DAVID GODWIN, b. between 1755-1774,
according to the 1800 Bladen Co. NC census records. He had at least 2 sons,
Thomas and David, both being born between 1791-1800. Other Godwins listed in
same census were Jesse, Pierce, Reddick and Stephen Godwin - all listed
between the ages of 26-45.

David Godwin apparently died around 1815-16, leaving a widow [name unk?] and
some children. A deed record filed in Columbus County NC in 1833 indicated
that heirs of David Godwin sold '105 acres on West side of Porter Swamp 'being
the land laid off by the Court of Bladen for the support of the widow and
children of David Godwin agreeable to an Act of Assembly" [14 Dec 1816]....hei
rs listed were: Edward Wilson, David Godwin, Maturin Branton and Allen
Watkins. The land was sold to Reddick Godwin and deed was witnessed by Garret
and Thomas Godwin.

I believe that this same David Godwin also had some land transactions in
Edgecombe County, NC between 1779-1782 wherein he sold land to Alexander
Godwin and said deeds being witnessed by Pierce Godwin.

I would appreciate any information on this Godwin ancestor -

Thanks,
Beth

This thread: