GOODELL-L Archives

Archiver > GOODELL > 2002-05 > 1021920533

From: Norman van Patten <>
Subject: Dan Dickerson/Margaret Goodell
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 11:48:53 -0700

DAN(IEL) DICKERSON (DICKINSON?) may have been born ca. 1766 somewhere in
Vermont, possibly in Rutland as given by one of his sons -- or possibly in
Westminster, Vermont. He married (date unknown) ANN CAMPBELL, who was born
ca 1775 in Vermont. They moved to West Perry, Wyoming Co, New York, in
1814, when their five children (POLLY, JOHN, MARGARET, DAVID & DANIEL) were
already born in Vermont. DAN died in West Perry on 24 Nov 1844; ANN died in
same place 15 Sep 1844.

Have the following problems:

1. DAN DICKERSON is alleged a direct descendant of NATHANIEL DICKINSON;
his father could be DANIEL DICKINSON in direct ancestry, but I need more
proof of descendancy.

2. His father and mother, in that case, would be DANIEL DICKINSON and
MARGARET GOODELL in Westminster, Vermont.

3. I know nothing of ANN CAMPBELL family or ancestry. I also know
little of MARGARET GOODELL; presumably, after DANIEL died, she married a
Rev. GOODELL -- but were they perhaps distant cousins with same last name --
or was her maiden name was something else and the name "Goodell" comes from
her second marriage?

This thread: