GOOLD-L Archives

Archiver > GOOLD > 2001-03 > 0984411493

Subject: Missing Siblings-John,Benjamin,Moses,Silence and Betsey Gould.
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 10:38:13 EST

I am trying to find information on my GGGrandfather Samuel Atherton Gould's
siblings. Below is a list from Bolton ,MA Vital records with the date of his
parents marriage and the births of him and his siblings. I have found out
that Silence Atherton Gould died in Bolton,MA in 1816. I know that Samuel was
living in Pittsford,VT Rutland county when he married Catherine Willard
Porter in 1808 in Wendell,Franklin County,MA. One of their children George
Stoddard Gould is buried in the Congregational Church Cemetery in
Pittsford,VT - he died in October 1813. By 1820 my Goulds were in NY -first
in Oneida County (Utica) and later in Onondaga county(Dewitt and
Syracuse).Another daughter of Samuel's married & stayed in Oswego,NY.
I am wondering what happened to the rest of Samuel's siblings
Benjamin,Betsey,John, Moses and Silence. Is anyone looking for these Goulds
that went from MA ,to VT, to NY. Some of Samuel's children went to
IN,LA,IL,KS and MI.
I have found that families tended to go where they had family living. Here is
the information from the Bolton,MA VR
Marriages:
Gould, Benjamin and Silence Atherton July 8, 1767

Births:
Goold, Benjamin s. Benjamin and Silence Mar 4, 1772
Goold, Betsy d. of Benjamin and Silence May 27, 1785
Goold, John s. Benjamin and Silence March 8, 1777
Goold, Moses s. Benjamin and Silence Sept 18, 1774
Goold, Samuel s. Benjamin and Silence Feb 27, 1782
Gould, Betsy d. Benjamin and Silence bap. April 8, 1787.
Gould, Silence d. Benjamin and Silence Jan 2, 1768.
If you see a connection-- even a remote one I would like to hear from you.
These brick walls can be climbed if we all work together.

This thread: