GOONS-L ArchivesArchiver > GOONS > 2006-03 > 1142347815
From: Edward Sinker <>
Subject: Re: Fw: [G] St. Magnus the Martyr, London Bridge
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 14:50:15 +0000
If the fire didn't destroy the tomb of William Steyde/Steede, it is
possible that the vandals did long before that event. According to John
Stow in, "A Survey of London, written in the year 1598,"
"On the east side of this Bridge Ward have ye the fair church
of St. Magnus; in the which church have been buried many men of
good worship, whose monuments are now for the most part utterly
Among those listed is William Steede, alderman.