GOONS-L Archives

Archiver > GOONS > 2006-12 > 1165425711

From: "sonia turner" <>
Subject: [G] recommended reading
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 17:21:51 +0000

Hello to everyone.

Recently I read with interest about books that were 'recommended reading'.
One in particular that caught my eye was 'Surnames & Genealogy- A New
Approach' written by George Redmonds.

I have decided to purchase this from the Guild Bookstall very soon.

However, may I ask for any other suggestions before I do.

My family research began at the end of February this year. I am largely
involved, at the moment, with ancestors from Victorian London and York.

I have traced my three times great grandfather, Joseph Hansom, to
Micklegate, York in 1804 and am hopefully going to find out more about his
father, also Joseph, which should take me back to about 1780.

One of my great grandmothers was from Mile End, London, migrating to Notting
Dale area. Isabella was the 'laundress' who featured in one of my previous e
mails ! Sadly she could not write and is proving difficult to take any
further right now.

If any of you have some general books that might be useful for me to
purchase, I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks

Sonia Turner
4661

Windows Live Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!