GOONS-L Archives

Archiver > GOONS > 2006-12 > 1165468049

From: "Dick Chandler" <>
Subject: [G] Guild Electronic Archive
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 21:07:29 -0800

I have at last uploaded the first 20,000 CHANDLER marriages in England & Wales (1837-1940) to the Guild's online,
searchable Archive. The entire set-up operation for the CHANDLER archive and my tiny HADDATH study took less than
an hour, which is a great tribute to Paul Millington, who has produced yet another easy-to-use system for our
benefit. The fact that a respectable proportion of the CHANDLER entries have full spouse names is due in major
part to the efforts of many Marriage Challenge volunteers who have provided certificate-equivalent information to
many members, though by number I think I am the greatest beneficiary. I would like to send Seasonal Greetings to
all forum members, but especially to those who have given their valuable time freely to help others, through
Marriage Challenges or through the honorary positions they have discharged as Guild officers. From where I sit,
2006 has been another great year for the Guild, which seems to have gone from strength to strength in recent
years.

If anyone wishes to see the beginnings of the CHANDLER archive, it can be accessed via the profile page below, or
directly at
http://www.one-name.org/cgibin/archive/marriagefrontpage.cgi?study=Chandler&password=&test=

Dick Chandler in Salmon Arm, British Columbia, Canada
researching CHANDLER surname family history world-wide.
See http://www.one-name.org/profiles/chandler.html.
Member 2767 and Canadian Regional Representative of
The Guild of One-Name Studies http://www.one-name.org/

This thread: