GOONS-L Archives

Archiver > GOONS > 2014-04 > 1398344526

From: "" <>
Subject: [G] Irish Origenes
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 14:02:06 +0100 (BST)

I'm intrigued at the claims of Irish Origenes that you can find your
ancestral homelands through yDNA studies.

Before I pass on the link to
this project to any of the folk I have been talking about DNA surname
studies with, can anyone with a bit more DNA understanding than me give
me an indication of how robust the claims are? (i.e. how likely is it
that you can actually pinpoint your ancestral homeland by comparing
your y-DNA with other surnames with similar DNA). If this really does
work accurately, then it could be incredibly exciting for a lot of my
linked researchers with as yet unknown irish origins and also be
another thing I can use to push the usefulness of yDNA testing.

Corinne Curtis #5579

This thread: