GOONS-L Archives

Archiver > GOONS > 2017-07 > 1500365965

From: Corinne Curtis <>
Subject: Re: [G] Family Finder Kit
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 09:19:25 +0100

I'd be interested in a strategy for looking through and analysing
familyfinder results - particularly where there are no known relatives
in the match list. Questions like - do I look for any possible
related names first? Is it even worth looking beyond the 1st-2nd
cousin match if you don't suspect a relationship (from surname list
matching)? In the chromosome browser, what size/number of segments
begins to be significant? E.g. is it a more likely relative if there
is a single big chunk matching on one chromosome, or a number of
smaller chunks on several different chromosomes? Would be good to see
examples of chromosome browser images for people with known
relationships to get an idea of the patterns to look for.

Corinne Curtis #5579 (YDNA surname project admin, but have more people
now also doing FF)