GOULD-L Archives

Archiver > GOULD > 1998-06 > 0897892547

From: <>
Subject: Sylvester and John Gold/Gould
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 02:35:47 EDT

I am searching for any early reference to a Sylvester Gould/Gold.

I find one Silvester Gould in Essex Co. Massachusetts in 1800 age 45+/ Anyone
know anyting about this person??

My impossible-to-connect John Gold/Gould (b. 1778 NY) named his first son
James Sylvester (b. 1819 Daviess Co. Indiana)

This John had some land dealings while residing in Liverpool, Onondaga co. NY
in 1816. He sold some of the land he purchased in Martin Co. (then Knox Co) to
others.

His family (according to legend) were Separatists during the Revolutionary
War, but John is supposed to have served in the war of 1812.

He appears in Daviess co, Indiana in 1817 marrying a local lady, Mary Cannon,
dau of James Cannon.

He came to Indiana apparently alone and was 39 when he married Mary Cannon.
This might lead one to believe there was an earlier family in NY but I have no
proof. together John and Mary Cannon Gold raised seven children....he died in
Alfordsville, Daviess Co. Indiana in 1848.

Any ideas for solving this deadend problem??
Michele Brooks

This thread: