GOULD-L Archives

Archiver > GOULD > 2003-01 > 1041486567

Subject: Re: [GOULD] Gould
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 00:49:32 EST

Who are Samuel Gould's parents ? Maybe he might be related to my Goulds.
My Goulds included a Samuel Atherton Gould son of Benjamin Gould (Goold) and
Silence Atherton. They had the following children - Benjamin Gould,Silence
Gould,Moses Gould, John Gould ,Betsy Gould and Samuel Atherton Gould.Samuel
was born in Bolton,Worcester,MA in 1782 but moved to Pittsfield,Rutland,VT.
He md. Caty Willard Porter in Wendell,Franklin,MA and they resided in
Rutland,VT until abt. 1820 when they moved to NY. Their youngest son ,James
T. Gould, who was my great grandfather moved to IN and was md. there and
later lived in IL for many years. Finally went to KS at the turn of the
century.
His youngest son Jay James Gould, who was my grandfather went to MI abt.
1915. His sister Nettie and her husband had went to Grand Rapids,MI abt. 1900
and later when her husband finished his schooling for becoming a doctor -they
moved to Highland Park,MI ,Wayne County. By 1915 there were 4 members of this
Gould family living in MI - Nettie Gould Edwards, Jay James Gould,Willard
Virgil Gould and George A. Gould.
I know my grandfather Jay and his brother went to Detroit,MI to work in the
auto factories.What year did your Samuel & Sarah move to MI?
Ruth in MI

This thread: