GOULD-L Archives

Archiver > GOULD > 2003-01 > 1041659933

Subject: Re: [GOULD] Samuel A. Gould
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 00:58:56 EST

Hi Barbara,
According to Bolton,Worcester,MA records John Gould was born March 8,1777 to
Benjamin Gould and Silence Atherton. This is what the Bolton records show.
Silence Gould b. January 2,1768
Benjamin Gould b. October 7,1769
Benjamin Gould b. March 4,1772
Moses Gould b. Sept. 18, 1774
John Gould b. March 8,1777
Samuel Atherton Gould b. Feb 27,1782
Betsy Gould b. May 27,1785

After searching for a few years to no avail I finally found Betsy Gould had
md. Hezekiah Stoddard -- I had wondered what the connection was with Stoddard
as Samuel Atherton Gould named one of his sons George Stoddard Gould. So I
posted to the Stoddard list and finally someone replied. This also led me to
find thru the descendant of Betsy Gould that Benjamin Gould md. Betsy Parker.
I know nothing about the rest of Samuel's siblings John,Silence, or Moses.
And still have not been able to find who Benjamin's parents are or where he
and Silence are buried.
Do you have any Atkinson's in your data base? Samuel also named a son Henry
Atkinson Dorman Gould. The Dorman is from his wife's grandmother but have yet
to find the Atkinson connection.
Who did your John marry? Might be able to find something about him thru the
inlaws. Send me his wife and kids names and I will try and see what I can
find. Who knows might be a nephew of Benjamin's.
Ruth

This thread: