GOWEN-L Archives

Archiver > GOWEN > 2000-05 > 0959293006

From: "Arlee Gowen" <>
Subject: RE: John C Gowin
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 17:16:46 -0500

Hi, Patty,

I believe we have a bingo on your search for John C. Gowin.

We show him born June 25, 1831 to Pollard Gowen and Mary "Polly" Conner
Gowen. He was married August 18, 1855 to Martha Alice Stone who was
born September 14, 1834 in Mattoon, MO to Oliver Stone of Pennsylvania.

We identify Pollard Gowen, bc1795 as the son of

Joseph Going and Judith Pollard Going of Madison Co, KY and Bedford Co, VA
bc1760, Goochland Co, VA.

who was the son of

William Gowan and Anastasia Sullivan Gowan
bc1730

William Gowan and Anastasia Sullivan Gowan headed a prominent and prolific
family
which requires several sections of the Foundation Manuscript to cover,
beginning in
Section .136 [Page 13501] and continuing through Section 140.

Good huntin'

Arlee

This thread: