GRANT-L Archives

Archiver > GRANT > 1999-11 > 0943864152

From: <>
Subject: [GRANT-L] Grant Family
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 21:29:12 +1300

Hello,
My name is Debbie Fawcett (nee Ward) from Christchurch, New Zealand.
I have recently begun researching my family history.

My Grandmothers maiden name was GRANT, which we have traced back to
CHARLES GRANT of Dalnagarn, Banffshire, Scotland. CHARLES married ANN
DEAN of Inverary on 28-04-1835, and in the records of the parish Church
of Kirkmichael, the birth of JOHN GRANT was recorded as 31-05-1836.

On 30-01-1862 at the Free Church of Kirkmichael JOHN GRANT married
JESSIE GRANT, of Braes of Lurg, Abernethy. John & Jessie and their five
children left Scotland on the Ship "Agnes Muir" to arrive in Dunedin,
New Zealand in 1871. Two further children were born in Dunedin.
Their children were JANE ANN, JESSIE, CHRISTINA, MARY ELIZABETH, JOHN,
CHARLES AND JEMIMA. This was JOHN GRANT'S first marriage.

JOHN GRANT married ELIZABETH GARROW (2nd marriage) who already had two
sons (James & William Garrow) and there were a further three children,
they were:
GEORGE DUFF GRANT (my great grandfather) BARTLETT GRANT & ELIZABETH
GRANT.

GEORGE DUFF GRANT married MARY MULLIGAN, their Children were:
ELIZABETH ELLIS GRANT (my grandmother), MOLLY GRANT, ARCHIBALD GRANT,
JAMES GRANT, DONALD GRANT, BERNARD GRANT, WILLIAM GRANT, GEORGE DUFF
GRANT JR.

I have very detailed records of the above as this was printed in "The
land of Munros, Merinos and Matagouri" by Erskine & Mabel Neave. (lucky
for me) but I am interested in
anyone who can assist me further by finding out about Charles Grant's
parents or anyone who shares my common ancestory.

Regards Debbie Fawcett

This thread: