GRAU-L Archives

Archiver > GRAU > 2001-01 > 0978879031

From: "Wallace L. Wilkins" <>
Subject: Herman A. Grau
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 06:50:31 -0800

Posted on: GRAU Queries
Reply Here: http://genconnect.rootsweb.com/gc/surnames/g/r/GRAU/queries/7

Surname: Grau, Chestnutt, Douglass, Rich, Lewis
-------------------------

Hermann A. Grau, born 8 Feb.1854,Saxony Germany, Emmigrated to U.S.1870,
married Elizear Chestnutt of Fla.8 May 1874 prob. Alachua Co. Fla. Six
children born at Melrose, Fla. Lillie,Kate,James,Jonas,Mattie,Jessie. Elizear
died abt.1895
Family moved to Lakeland Fla. bef.1900(U.S.Census),then to
Bonita Springs,Lee County,to Tampa Fla.(Tampa Directory1922)
Owned a grocery store with Ida,she also from Germany, may have been second
wife or a relative, b.30 Sep.1867, died
26 Oct.1925,Tampa.Hermann moved to Eustis, Lake Co. Fla. abt
1930 where he lived with daughter Mattie and her husband,
John T. Rich untill his death 1 Jan.1944.His ship and Port of entry nor
naturalization records have not been found. He may have been a stowaway,
or jumped ship. Hermann was my Gr.grandfather and there are many stories,photos
and details
about him in my files. Contact me by email,Wallace L.Wilkins

This thread: