GREATWAR-L Archives

Archiver > GREATWAR > 2002-05 > 1020593245

From: "Nick Clark" <>
Subject: [WW1] Re: 2/7 Royal Warwickshire battalion diaries
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 10:07:25 +0000

Ken

If you get a chance to go to the museum you will find copies of the 2/7
Royal Warwickshire battalion diaries there. The curator you need to speak to
is Mr David Baneham and he'll be able to let study the diaries. The charge
for research is normally 10.00 for but for return vists to the museum the
cost will be free.

I am currently researching my grandfather's 2/6th battalion involvement in
the Great War and I have found the battalion diaries very helpful as they
reveal in some detail the various actions they were involved in.

A couple of web sites you may be interested in are:

http://www.army.mod.uk/ceremonialandheritage/museums/details/m151warw.htm
http://www.1914-1918.net/warwicks.htm

Best regards

Nick