GREATWAR-L Archives

Archiver > GREATWAR > 2002-11 > 1037899958

From: "Alistair Chafer" <>
Subject: Re: [WW1] George William CHAFER VC
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 17:32:38 -0000

Dear Forrest,
That is really interesting information. In 1901 he was listed as a boarder
in the home of William and Amelia CHAFER, aged 81 and 68, with their
daughter Lucy aged 27. Also, as boarders Martha and George CHAFER, aged 14
and 12, who were born in America. I am guessing that they are siblings of
GWC and that the family had been to America sometime before 1894.
I will need to get a copy of his birth certificate. FreeBMD has it
registered as Bradford.
Thankyou very much for your efforts.
Alistair