GREAVES-L Archives

Archiver > GREAVES > 2009-02 > 1234814053

From: ,
Subject: Re: [GREAVES] Thomas Greaves b. 1813 Derbyshire
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 19:54:13 -0000

Author: Rob_Greaves
Surnames: Greaves
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.greaves/383.1.1.1.1.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I agree..so many of our Greaves relatives seem to have come from the Notts/Derby area. So many of the parishes seem to be covered well by the IGI...but as I have stated before in my case the main one, which seems to have helped me greatly, Repton, was not covered very well at all in the IGI. In all likelihood most of our Greaves answers probably lie in a parish somewhere in Derby/Notts..but not in print on IGI. Maybe the answer is to manually search films of Parish Registers transcribing all Greaves found..and then sharing with those interested. For Example I did that for Repton...then sort of did that for Ticknall. Bit of a long process..but it is the one way of ensuring the written records are for sure gone thru. My Repton information, as an example, was put into an Excel spreadsheet. Quite a few entries, maybe 70 - 80 for Greaves there (almost none of that on the IGI)..only 4 - 5 in Ticknall nearby. Just a thought.

Rob Greaves

Important Note: