GREEN-L Archives

Archiver > GREEN > 1998-01 > 0885749316

From: <>
Subject: Re: Jeremiah Green, born 1755
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 12:28:36 EST

<HTML><FONT SIZE=3 PTSIZE=10>In a message dated 1/24/98 8:57:48 PM EST,
writes:<BR>
<BR>
<I>I have a file on a Jeremiah Green born February 17, 1755 that died December<BR>
31, 1839, and who married Mary "Polly" Wiseman.<BR>
<BR>
</I>Hi Tom,<BR>
<BR>
I wonder if this Jeremiah might be related somehow to the following James.
Any information would be appreciated. John Wiseman who married Sarah Green
was the grandson of Isaac Wiseman and Mary Marshall. Mary "Polly" Wiseman who
married Jeremiah Green (above) is a granddaughter of Isaac Wiseman and Mary
Marshall. John and Mary "Polly" were first cousins. I have conflicting dates
on these folks, so additions and corrections would be great! I wonder if I'm
missing a generation somewhere between James and Sarah. If there was a James
III, then maybe there was a James II & I. <BR>
<BR>
Thanks, Fran<BR>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<BR>
1. James GREEN was born about 1715 or 1740. He was married to Mary MCGARY on
28 OCT 1715 in Orange Co., VA. Mary MCGARY was born on 8 JUL 1737 in Orange
Co., VA. Dates obviously wrong for marriage or births. One source says: has
the birth date for James Green II as 28 Oct 1715 in Orange Co VA and the birth
date for Mary McGary as July 8, 1737 in Orange Co., VA. He lists two children
for them: James Green III and Margaret Green, both born in Augusta Co., VA.
James GREEN and Mary MCGARY had the following children:<BR>
<BR>
+2i.Sarah GREEN.<BR>
<BR>
SECOND GENERATION<BR>
<BR>
2. Sarah GREEN was born on 28 FEB 1763 in Berks Co., PA. She died on 22 JAN
1842 in New Salem, Perry Co., OH. She was married to John WISEMAN (son of
Isaac WISEMAN I. and Elizabeth DAVIS) on 10 MAY 1786 in Rockingham Co., VA.
John WISEMAN was born on 18 AUG 1760 in Berks Co., PA. He died on 22 JAN 1842
in New Salem, Perry Co., OH. He was a Reverand. Sarah GREEN and John WISEMAN
had the following children:<BR>
<BR>
3i.Mary WISEMAN was born on 5 OCT 1788 in Berks Co., PA.<BR>
+4ii.Elizabeth WISEMAN.<BR>
+5iii.Margaret WISEMAN.<BR>
+6iv.Ann WISEMAN.<BR>
+7v.James Greene WISEMAN Sr..<BR>
+8vi.John Ray WISEMAN.<BR>
+9vii.Isaac WISEMAN.<BR>
+10viii.Sarah "Sallie" WISEMAN.<BR>
+11ix.Joseph Green WISEMAN.<BR>
12x.Abner WISEMAN was born on 11 MAY 1805 in Berks Co., PA.<BR>
+13xi.Philip Smith WISEMAN.<BR>
+14xii.Jacob Gruber WISEMAN.<BR>
<BR>
Jeremiah GREEN. He was married to Mary WISEMAN (daughter of Jacob WISEMAN Sr.
and Elizabeth HENDERSON) on 21 OCT 1775 in Rowan Co., NC. Mary WISEMAN was
born on 16 FEB 1760 in Rowan Co., NC. She died on 15 APR 1840 in Ashe Co.,
NY.<BR>
</HTML>

This thread: