GREEN-L Archives

Archiver > GREEN > 1998-07 > 0899394480

From: <>
Subject: [GREEN-L] Green/Griffin - 1700s VA
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 11:48:00 EDT

Hi Folks,

Louise provided additional some info on the Green - Griffith family and I
found a few postings from Griffin researchers that are of interest. I will
copy these Griffin researchers on this msg and maybe they will be able to add
something to prove or disprove these suspected relationships to William
Griffin. First, this is what I put together from our discussions so far (not
cast in stone) as a possible family:

1. William GRIFFIN died in 1751 in Lunenburg Co., VA. William GRIFFIN had
the following children:

+2i.Richard GRIFFIN.
+3ii.Elizabeth GRIFFIN.
4iii.William GRIFFIN.
+5iv.Abigail GRIFFIN.

Will of William Griffin 10-17-1750; 4-2-1751; W. B. 1/31
mentions: wife, son William Griffin, daughter Elizabeth Griffin, Henry Green
(son of John Green), Ralph Griffin (son of Rasty Griffin).
Executors: Wife, Ralph Griffin, William Woodward
Witnesses: William Jackson, William Sizemore, Charles Smith.

William Griffin10-17-1750 Lunenburg Co Bk 1 p. 31 Leaves son William personal
property. Dau Elizabeth one feather bed when she becomes 18. To Henry Green
, son of John Green, 100 acres on Buffalo Cr. To Ralph Griffin, son of
Richard Griffin, 100 acres adj Henry Green. Exec: Ralph Griffin, William
Woodward, wife. Wit: William Tarkson, William Sizemore, Charles Smith rec
4-2-1751 (S Lunenburg wills p.23)

SECOND GENERATION

2. Richard GRIFFIN. He was married to Mary GREEN (daughter of (Henry?)
Filmer GREEN and Mary WALKER). Mary GREEN was born about 1703.

3. Elizabeth GRIFFIN. She was married to Henry Filmer GREEN (son of Filmer
GREEN and Mary WALKER) about 1723. Henry Filmer GREEN was born about 1704.
He died in 1748 in Lunenburg Co., VA. Elizabeth GRIFFIN and Henry Filmer
GREEN had the following children:

+6i.John GREEN.
7ii.Henry GREEN was born about 1724. He died in 1761 in Lunenburg Co., VA.
+8iii.Stephen GREEN.
+9iv.Dorcas GREEN.
+10v.Winnifrid GREEN.
11vi.Frederick GREEN.
12vii.Richard GREEN.

Henry Green 10-15-1748 Lunenburg Co. Bk 1 p 477 Names Wife Elizabeth, eldest
son John plantation where he now lives plus 157 acres. Second son , Henry,
gets 157 acres including plantation where Abigail Green, relict of brother
John,
now lives. Third son Stephen gets 157 acres to include old field wherein John
Russell formerly lived. Fourth son Frederick gets 157 acres to be laid off
from the tract I now hold. Wife Elizabeth gets remaining 157 acres to go to
son Richard. Personal estate to wife to be divided after her death among all
children except John, Henry and dau Dorcas. Exec: BIL Richard Griffin, son
John. Wit: Edward Sizemore, William Jackson, Thomas Greenwood rec 6-5-1749 (S
Lunenburg Wills p.9)

5. Abigail GRIFFIN. She was married to John GREEN (son of Filmer GREEN and
Mary WALKER). Abigail GRIFFIN and John GREEN had the following children:

13i.Mary GREEN was born on 9 AUG 1722 in Bristol Parish, Prince George Co.,
VA.
14ii.Ann GREEN was born on 12 JAN 1725 in Bristol Parish, Prince George
Co., VA.
15iii.Margaret GREEN was born on 15 FEB 1727 in Bristol Parish, Prince
George Co., VA.
16iv.Jemima GREEN was born on 28 JUL 1731 in Bristol Parish, Prince George
Co., VA.

Subj:Griffins