GREENSLIT-L Archives

Archiver > GREENSLIT > 2006-12 > 1165641636

From: "Helen Graves" <>
Subject: [GREENSLIT] Bennington, VT, Museum - Greenslet file ?
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 21:20:36 -0800

I went to the Bennington VT Museum in 1985. There were only a few pieces of paper in the "Greenslet" genealogy file folder which pertained to James Greenslit who fought in the Am Rev. at Bennington in 1778, 1781.

A 29-page manuscript entitled, "The Greenslet Family" dated Nov 1, 1990, was sent or given to the Bennington VT Museum some time after that date. It was there by 1998. (I have a copy sent to me by Meg Sondey. Right, Meg? )

My question to the list is:

Has anyone been to the Bennington VT Museum to check out the Greenslet-Greenslit genealogy file to see what has been deposited there since 1985-1990?

Does anyone plan to go to the Bennington VT Museum to check it out?
Does anyone on the Greenslit list live in Vermont who could go to the Bennington Museum and look at the file?

Please let me know. Please post to the list as several people on this list descend from the Greenslets/Greenslits of Bennington VT, whose descendants went to Fulton Co. and Oswego Co., NY, and to Randolph Co., Illinois, and perhaps parts unknown.

Helen Greenslit Graves
Greenslit List Mom

This thread: