GREER-L Archives

Archiver > GREER > 2012-07 > 1342024206

From: ,
Subject: Re: [GREER] James Grear of Gunpowder River, MD
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 16:30:06 -0000

Author: DavidGreer2008a
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.greer/3045.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Sorry, I have to respectfully disagree about "everyones DNA returned scattered results." As a member of the FamilyTreeDNA Greer surname project, I have seen nothing to suggest "scattered results". The results are consistent and have made several things clear: 1. James Grear of Gunpowder River and descendants are in no way related to the MacGregors, 2. James Grear was probably a direct descendant of Niall of the Nine Hostages, 3. James Grear's line and ancestors, almost certainly originated and remained in Northern Ireland where 20% of the male population is of similar genetic descent.

Important Note: