GROSE-L Archives

Archiver > GROSE > 2003-06 > 1056783874

From: "Roger Stull " <>
Subject: RE: Samuel & Nancy Grose
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 03:04:47 -0400

Elisha Gross/Grose remarried in Doddridge County. The marriage license lists
his parents. The only problem is the age difference. Like I said the 1850
census and the marriage license do not add up. The marriage license has him
listed as being 40 in 1873 and the 1850 census has him as 27. There is a 10
year difference. Have you found any other Elisha’s children? It is odd
that Ellen and Elisha were married in 1852 and didn’t conceive until 1866.

While I was at the Doddridge court house I found a birth:

Andrew Floyd Grose

Father: James William Grose Pob: Green Co., WV Por: Summers, WV White
31yrs

Mother: Susan Armanie Dotson Pob: Buck Run, Ritchie, Co., WV Por:
Summers, WV White 20yrs

Signed by GW Dotson

I’m assuming James might be a son of Elisha. I’m puzzled on the Green
County. They might have meant Greenbrier Co. It isn’t that far from
Nicholas and Bath counties.

Do you visit the archives often? I see you are not that far away. They have
a lot of stuff but I don’t like how it is organized. It is too spread out.
You would think all Roane County stuff would be in one section. Not. They
have it divided up into categories.