GUINAN-L Archives

Archiver > GUINAN > 2008-09 > 1220880075

Subject: [GUINAN] GUINAN's in France and in Ireland
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 13:21:15 +0000

Is there anyone on the list who is researching the GUINAN Surname in West Clare,Ireland and in France?
I'm especially interested in where the Guinan Surname shows up in France..what area?
I'm interested in tracing this surname to the 1500's and 1600's in France.
I've just been to Ireland where my Ginnane Family lives...in the West of Clare County.
We've always thought our name was Irish..this is not the case..we are French.
Have found some new information that I wish to discuss with interested researchers.
I look forward to hearing from someone.
Danny Guinan in Charleston,SC

This thread: