GULF-STATE-GUARDS-L Archives

Archiver > GULF-STATE-GUARDS > 2007-03 > 1174157252

Subject: [GULF-STATE-GUARDS] Civil War Park Day, April 7, 2007
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 14:47:32 EDT

Time for Hands-On Preservation with Park Day 2007
The Civil War Preservation Trust and the History Channel are once again
sponsoring our 11th Annual Park Day! On Saturday, April 7, 2007, volunteers
throughout the country will work together to clean and repair the grounds at
over 100
Civil War sites. Last year, approximately 4,000 volunteers played a vital
role in sustaining these parks, providing more than 12,000 hours of service.

Helping hands are needed everywhere for a wide variety of short and long term
projects, providing interesting and rewarding volunteer opportunities for
individuals, couples, schools, families, corporations, citizen groups and
service
organizations. Clubs and organizations can help with specific park
improvements: trail renovation, tree planting, stream restoration, litter
cleanup, minor
repairs and more. The event is also perfect for Scout troop service projects
or corporate team-building efforts.

Without the help of volunteers, trash accumulates in these natural areas,
harming wildlife, polluting lakes and rivers, and detracting from the beauty
of
your community. This event is a fun and effective way to improve the natural
environment in your local community. Thanks to your donated time and skills,
your favorite state park can see improvements now instead of sometime in the
future.

At each site, volunteers will get a free t-shirt and have the opportunity to
hear historians tell them about the land they are helping to preserve. Plan
join fellow preservationists on Saturday, April 7, 2007 at a site near you
for a day of history and hard work.

Civilwar.org
Cut and paste the url above for contact info for your state.
Click on "Park Day" on the right hand side of the webpage
Then scroll down to the bottom and click on the link to take you to the info
for each state.

If anyone has a problem please let me know and I'll send you the direct link
and assist you as much as possible.