GWIN-L Archives

Archiver > GWIN > 2000-12 > 0976239619

From: "thomas ashley" <>
Subject: Re: [GWIN] North Carolina Guinn/Gwynn
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 20:40:19 -0500

Here's what little I have on the Gwyns 1)Ransom Gwynne- Rockingham Co.,
NC born c 1790 - wife Margaret. 2) Mahalia Gwyn married Elisha Smith
children- Martha Jane who married Robert Lee Piper in 1886; Cart, David,
Charlie, Sally and Molly who married Frank Keener 3) Robert Gwynn- born
Nov. 18 1803
Joseph Granville Gwynn, son of Robert and Judith, born Dec.22, 1831; Hugh
Thomas Gwynn, son of Robert and Judith, born june 21, 1837; Wm. Dewitt
Clinton Gwynn,son of robert and Judith,, born June 20, 1839; Gideon Ransom
Gwynn, son of Robert and Judith, b. July 12, 1842; Robert James Gwynn, son
of R. and J., born Sept. 22,1848 4) Robert Gwynn married Judith Wynn Feb.
10, 1831; Joseph Granville Gwynn married Virginia Parham Oct. 22, 1856;
Hugh Gwynn married Martha Sadler Sept. 8. 1859 ; Wm. Gwynn married Mary
Blanche Hall Feb. 22, 1872; G. Ransom Gwynn married Corrie Peyton Oct. 28,
1869; Robert Gwynn married Alice Evertson, Dec. 1872 5) Robert Gwynn
died May 29, 1888; Judith Gwynn died May 11, 1882; Joseph Gwynn died April,
1883; Hugh Gwynn died May 1912; Martha Sadler Gwynn diedDec. 1904; Wm.
Gwynn died July 1879; Mary Hall Gwynn died May 1912; G. Ransom Gwynn died
July 1907; Corrie Peyton Gwynn died Feb. 1904; Robert J. Gwynn died Jan.
1908; 6) !850 census-- Wilkes Co. James Gwynn 37M, MARY 30f, Sallie 8F,
Amelia 6F, Julia 4F, Mary 2F Watauga Co.-- Levi Gwyn 34 M, Sarah 28F,
Anna 10F, Isaac 8M, Delila 6F, Lawson 5M, Sarah 3F, Harriet-F; Isaac
Gwyn 65M, Rebecca 45F, Mary 25F, Ellinder 23F, Calvin21M, Rebecca
5F, ----13F, Bethany 11F, Mary 2F, Nancy 1F, ---18M, ---24F
Abraham Gwyn 49M, Nancy 44F, Wm. 12M, Lawson 9M, Mahala 6F, Daniel
M, ---25M, ---17F.

Hope some of this helps- Becky Ashley