GenMassachusetts-L ArchivesArchiver > GenMassachusetts > 2007-09 > 1189546293
Subject: [GENMASSACHUSETTS] Lakin families, Groton, Mass. - to Maine
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 17:31:33 EDT
Subject: Lakin families of Groton, Mass. & Maine.
Source: Groton Historical Series, Relating to the History of the Town of
by Dr. Samuel Abbott Green, M.D. - Groton, 1893.
Joseph Lakin came from Groton, Mass., and settled at Sebago, Maine. Several
of his family
settled at Groton and their descendants are numerously represented here at
Joseph Lakin married twice - his first wife was Polly Symonds. His 2nd wife
was the widow,
Cole, whose husband died, frozen to death. His children were as follows:
1. Jonathan Lakin, born in Mass., married Jane Loring and settled at
Harrison, and was an
independent farmer. Jonathan Lakin served in several town offices, lived
reached the age of 92 years, dying in 1872. Children:
1. John Lakin b. July 15, 1806, m. Charlotte Witham, dau. of Daniel Witham &
in the south part of Groton as a farmer. Children:
1. Ambrose Lakin b. 1839; married _____; was at Harrison Village.
2. Randall Lakin b. Sept 2, 1841.
3. George A. Lakin b. July 27, 1846.
4. Annie M. Lakin b. Sept 30, 1847.
5. Emily Lakin, b. ____.
2. Loring Lakin b. Jan 24, 1808; m. Sophia H. Adams of Sebago, Maine, July
and settled near his birth-place, his father's homestead, as a farmer. He
with Judge Fitche in Portland, Maine. No children.
3. Thomas P. Lakin b. April 12, 1814; m. Isabel M. Ridlon, dau. of William
Sebago; settled in the south part of the town, as a farmer. Children:
1. Almeda Lakin, b. April 4, 1848; m. John Wentworth, a blacksmith. Has
2. Ezekiel Lakin b. Feb. 10, 1850; unmarried.
3. Josiah S. Lakin b. Aug 28, 1852; unmarried.
4. James Lakin b. Dec 28, 1855; unmarried.
5. Clara Lakin b. May 11, 1858; unmarried.
6. Annie Lakin b.Aug 18, 1861; unmarried.
7. George Lakin b. June 26, 1867.
8. Bradford Lakin b. 1873.
4. George W. Lakin b. Mar 29, 1816; m. Statira Clark and settled in the West
became distinguished. He had issue as follows:
1. Fannie Lakin.
2. Mildred Lakin.
3. Charles Lakin.
5. Ezekiel Lakin b. April 27, 1820; died unmarried 1846.
6. Charles H. Lakin b. Dec 16, 1824; m. Virene Merrow of Harrison and
settled on the
homestead; he subsequently moved to a farm some distance south, near the
"Willoughby Scriber place," but is now living two miles from the village. No
7. Jane Lakin b. Feb 3, 1810; m. Captain James Ross, of Harrison. Had
8. Jerusha Lakin b. Mar 25, 1812 - a maiden lady.
9. Elizabeth A. Lakin b. April 18, 1818 - married _____.
2. Parker Lakin, b. at Sebago, Maine; m. a dau. of Dean Irish of Bridgton,
Maine and had:
1. Louisa Lakin.
2. Mary Lakin.
3. George Lakin
4. Frederick Lakin.
5. Edward Lakin.
3. George Lakin was born at Sebago, Maine; m. Philena ____ and settled on
Woodsum place at the head of Anonymous Pond. He was a mason, carpenter and
farmer. He had
a son, Willie Lakin and two other children whose names do not appear.
4. Frederick Lakin born at Sebago, Maine, m. Emily H. Burnham and migrated
West. No children.
5. Jerusha Lakin, the dau. of Joseph Lakin of Sebago, m. Henry Hobbs of
Transcribed by Janice Farnsworth
************************************** See what's new at http://www.aol.com