GenMassachusetts-L Archives

Archiver > GenMassachusetts > 2010-09 > 1283791284

From: Ms Betty Fredericks <>
Subject: [GENMASSACHUSETTS] John H. FITZGERALD and Catherine Mary SMITH,1880 Boston
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 09:41:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi again,

Another very helpful researcher is doing look-ups for me. And, I think the great-grandparents I'm looking for might be:

John H. (Henry?) FITZGERALD, b~1844 Ireland
Catherine Mary SMITH, b~1852 Ireland (Mary Catherine?)

and they might have married in Boston ~1878. I found them in the 1880 census and they had not yet had children. They might have had a son, Michael Albert, in 1882, and then another son, John, Jr., in ~1887. I don't know about other children. And, then I was told Mrs. Catherine Fitzgerald died in 1893 in Boston. It's possible that John, Sr., also died during 1890's. That's probably why Michael and John, Jr., as teens were living with another family in Stoneham in 1900.

There is another couple in Boston in 1880 with very similar information. John H. FITZGERALD and wife, "Katie," were living there with 2 young children, Annie and John, Jr. This might be the John H., who was living as a widower in 1900 and living with his married daughter, Mrs. Annie CAHILL, in Boston.

That's all for today. I need to get away from the computer, and go out and get some fresh air. :o)

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

P.S. I've heard from another researcher this morning. She said her FITZGERALD ancestors went to New Brunswick, first, and then later came down to Boston. And she said they were definitely related to Honey Fitz Fitzgerald. So, it's possible there were about 20 male cousins living in Boston - all related to Mrs. Rose Fitzgerald KENNEDY.

This thread: