HADLEY-L Archives

Archiver > HADLEY > 2009-04 > 1239644457

From: John Hadley <>
Subject: Re: [HADLEY] Hadley Family Name
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:40:57 -0700 (PDT)

I really need more info than this but it is doubtful we are talking about the same exact Simon Hadleys. The ones I speak of are from the Southern Hadley lineage. This all started with Thomas Hadley, who was the son of Joshua Hadley from his first marriage to Mary Rowland. It would appear that you are referencing children and descendents of the same Joshua Hadley, but via his second marriage to Patience Brown. These Hadleys mostly remained Quaker and many moved north to Indiana and Ohio, etc to avoid the Civil War. Some of the Quaker Hadleys were granted DAR status as they did contribute to the side of the patriots even though they did not fight directly. My line from Thomas were all disowned from Meeting for fighting in teh Revolution and most directly. Thomas was militia captain of Fayetteville, NC and lost his life in 1781 as a result.
     I suggest you look your lineage up on the HS web site and follow it forward and back to verify these ancestors.

John Hadley

This e-mail, including attachments, is confidential, may be privileged and
is intended solely for the use of the named recipient(s). If you are not the
intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and delete the
email. No one may conclude a contract on behalf of the company by e-mail
unless s/he has been authorized in writing to do so by the company. It is
your responsibility to ensure that e-mails are virus free. The company
accepts no responsibility for any loss or damages arising in any way from
the use of this email as a means of communication.