HALEY-L Archives

Archiver > HALEY > 1999-03 > 0922368810

From: <>
Subject: Re: Book
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 08:33:30 EST

In a message dated 3/25/99 7:12:50 AM Central Standard Time,
writes:

<<
Bob..this book was a condensing of all my research data along with family
stories, especially done for our Haley immediate family who what heretofore
not known anything of their roots past the first grandfather....It was also
to assist me in further research, to finally have everything all in one book
with a complete index, before I moved forward in further hunting.

At this time, I don't believe it would be terribly beneficial to anyone
without similar VA-GA-AL lines of Haley ancestors....but perhaps when I'm
more secure (in the documentation from VA) I would offer it to someone who
thought it would help....All that to say, no, it's not available for sale.

However, I'm always glad to pass along any info about anyone's lineage if I
have a clue to it!

Bob--which lines are you researching????

Suzanne Haley

Suzanne: Do you have anything on the parents of James HALEY whose 26 March
1793 Will (I sent copy to the list earlier) was probated in September, 1795,
in Greensville Co.VA mentioning a grandson named James HALEY (864 A. and all
stock)? I believe this grandson is the same James who m. (1) Ann PERSON 22
March 1798 in Greensville Co.VA and then (2) Elizabeth EPPS 16 April 1804 in
Greensville Co.(dau.of Nancy who gave consent). I also believe that Martha
Ann HAYLEY (b.N.C.19 Aug.1806) who m. 3 July 1822 in Greensville Co. James H.
SMITH (surety Edmonds MASON) was daughter of James and Elizabeth Epps HALEY.
Could you shed any light on these? Thanks so much!
Rae Venable Calvert
Pearland TX

This thread: