HAMILL-L Archives

Archiver > HAMILL > 2004-05 > 1084217498

Subject: Re: Hamills from Drumcree,Portadown, County Armagh, Northern Ireland
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 15:31:38 EDT

My name is Jim Hamill and I'm just starting to research my Hamill ancestry.

My father Edward Patrick was born 12-24-1905 in Armagh. He had one brother
John (Jack), and 2 sisters Amelia (Hamill) McGann and Margaret (Hamill) Barret
who later married Henry Lafko.

My father's father name was Patrick Henry Hamill and was married to Sarah
Moore??)

My great-grandfather's name Henry ?. Hamill. All were from the Drumcree
area where the Hamill farmstead existed. My Dad (Edward) , his sisters and
mother came to the U.S. around 1920. Additionally, my father's two stepsisters
also came to the US. (Sarah (Hepburn??) Gustafson and Mary(Mae) Hepburn? Lewis.

Anyone run across these particular Hamills? Any suggestion on how best to
get genealogy info in Armagh, N. Ireland? Thanks, EH

This thread: