HANKINS-L Archives

Archiver > HANKINS > 1998-08 > 0902735229

From: Allen Richmond <>
Subject: [HANKINS-L] Re: 1836 Green Co KY Circuit Court file (3871)
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 03:47:09 -0400

Howdy Gang:

Further on Sal's SKAGGS-L posting 27 Jul 98 (YES--I know I'm
backlogged) of the 1836 Green Co KY Circuit Court file, I can add
the following for further consideration. I haven't worked on the
collateral (to my direct) lines to a great extent, but I do have more
that just hasn't made it into the database yet, and so isn't reflected
here. (Where's the time?!?) :-\

> Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 00:18:11 -0500
> From: Ray Heller <>
> To:
[snip]
> Green County, KY Circuit Case #3871 (1836)
> Aaron and Jeremiah Lewis vs. Skaggs heirs
>
> Abstracted by Barbara Wright
[snip]
> 4. ELIZABETH "Besty" SKAGGS md. JOHN HANKINS, both deceased since MOSES.
> They lived in Tazewell Co., VA, as did the children.
> A. RACHEL HANKIN md. ARCHIBALD MALONEY
> B. SALLY HANKINS md. JOHN MITCHELL
> C. REBECCA HANKINS md. JOHN HOWELL
> D. MARY HANKINS md. JOSEPH WHIT (White)
> E. PARTHENA HANKINS
> F. LUCY HANKINS
> G. LYDIAN HANKINS
> H. JOSEPH HANKINS
> I. MOSES HANKINS
[snip]
Elizabeth SKAGGS, b. ca 1741 at Virginia, d. bef 1820
Father: James SKAGGS, b. ca 1700 at Atlantic Ocean, d. 1798 at
Green County KY
Mother: Rachel ____, b. ca 1700

Spouse: John HANKINS, b. ca 1740 at Burlington County DE, d. aft
22 Jun 1830 at Tazewell County VA

Married ca 1775. [assumed, based on children's birth data]

Children:

1 Mary Hankins, b. ca 1776 at Baptist Valley, Tazewell County
VA, m. Joseph White
[Known children: James, William, Christene, John]
2 Rachel Hankins, b. ca 1778 at Baptist Valley, Tazewell County
VA, m. Archibald Maloney, 5 Sep 1823 at Tazewell County VA
[No children known to me (yet); doesn't mean they had none]
3 Joseph Hankins, b. ca 1780 at Baptist Valley, Tazewell County
VA, m. Nancy Mitchell, 2 Jan 1814 at Tazewell County VA, d. ca
1860 at Baptist Valley, Tazewell County VA
[Known Children: Rachel, Susannah, Carter, Milton Ladan,
- Buried ca 1860 at Baptist Valley, Tazewell County VA
4 Moses Hankins, b. 1781-1782 at Montgomery County VA, m. Martha
Mitchell, 1795-1806, d. Aug 1864 at Tazewell County VA
[Known Children: Thomas, Elisabeth, Charlotte, Robert,
Lucinda, William, James, Nancy, John, Rebecca, Cynthia,
Moses H, Martha]
5 Lucinda Hankins, b. ca 1785 at Baptist Valley, Tazewell County
VA, m. Mathias Harman
[Known daughter: Mahala]
6 Rebecca Hankins, b. ca 1786 at Baptist Valley, Tazewell County
VA, m. John Howell, 10 Jun 1825 at Tazewell County VA, d. 15
Jan 1858 at Clinch River, Tazewell County VA
[No children known to me (yet); doesn't mean they had none]
* 7 Sarah Elizabeth HANKINS, b. ca 1790 at Baptist Valley,
Tazewell County VA, m. John William MITCHELL, 5 Oct 1815 at
Tazewell County VA, d. 1864 at Wyoming County WV
[Known Children: Malinda, Martha, James, Rebecca, Joseph,
Elizabeth, Parthenia, Charter, Lydia]
8 Lydia Hankins, b. 5 Jun 1793 at Baptist Valley, Tazewell
County VA, d. 16 Nov 1858 at Stony Ridge, Tazewell County VA,
[No children known to me (yet); doesn't mean they had none]
9 Parthenia Hankins, b. 27 Feb 1798 at Baptist Valley, Tazewell
County VA, d. 22 Dec 1861 at Tazewell County VA
[No known children; no known marriage]
(*)
Sarah Elizabeth HANKINS, b. ca 1790 at Baptist Valley, Tazewell
County VA, d. 1864 at Wyoming County WV
Father: John HANKINS, b. ca 1740 at Burlington County DE,
d. aft 22 Jun 1830 at Tazewell County VA
Mother: Elizabeth SKAGGS, b. ca 1741 at Virginia, d. bef 1820

Spouse: John William MITCHELL, b. 1782 at Virginia, d. aft 1830
Father: Charter MITCHELL, d. aft 1807 at Tazewell County VA
Mother: [Unknown]

Married 5 Oct 1815 at Tazewell County VA.

Children:

1 Malinda Mitchell, b. 1816 at Tazewell County VA, m. Joseph
Pruett, 3 May 1849 at Tazewell County VA
[Possible son: James]
2 Martha Mitchell, b. 1816-1820 at Tazewell County VA,
m. Archibald Pruett, 24 Apr 1845 at Tazewell County VA
[Known children: Sally, Susan, John]
3 James Mitchell, b. 1819 at Tazewell County VA, m. Anna Webb,
5 May 1846 at Tazewell County VA
[Known children: Addison, Marilda, Elizabeth, Zedekiah Alexander,
Sahara, Susan, Zachariah, Martha]
4 Rebecca Mitchell, b. 1820 at Tazewell County VA, m. John Henry
Sparks, 23 Apr 1855 at Tazewell County VA, d. bef 21 Sep
1871
[Known children: Malicia, Rebecca]
5 Joseph MITCHELL, b. 1821 at Tazewell County VA, m. Elender
WILLIAMSON, ca 1847, d. 1903 at Hurricane, Teays Valley
District, Putnam County WV
- Buried 1903 at Mullens Cemetery, New Richmond, Wyoming County WV
[Known children: John W, Richard, Malinda, Marinda, Sarah (my 3G),
James W]
6 Elizabeth Mitchell, b. 1824 at Tazewell County VA, m. Jonathan F
Whitt
[No known children to me (yet); doesn't mean they had none]
7 Parthenia Mitchell, b. ca 1826 at Tazewell County VA,
m(1) Daniel Brinegar at Tazewell County VA, m(2) Jacob Brinegar,
13 May 1855 at Wyoming County VA
[Known children: William, James, George, Lorenzo, Jacob]
8 Charter Mitchell, b. 19 Feb 1828 at Tazewell County VA,
m(1) Elizabeth Payne, 24 Apr 1844 at Tazewell County VA,
m(2) Malinda Ward, 26 Mar 1857 at Wyoming County VA
[Known son: John]
9 Lydia Mitchell, b. ca 1830 at Virginia, m(1) Tobias Sizemore,
1 Apr 1847 at Tazewell County VA, m(2) Samuel Gillenwaters,
22 Mar 1866 at Tazewell County VA, d. Oct 1906
[Known son: Zachariah T]

Corrections, additions and/or clarifications most welcome! Keep up
the great work cousins!

Allen

--
Allen Richmond
Scioto Trails

In the asking comes sharing;
in sharing comes knowledge;
in knowledge comes wisdom which lasts a lifetime. --ar.

This thread: