HARMON-L Archives

Archiver > HARMON > 2009-06 > 1244903580

From: "Patricia Sanderson" <>
Subject: Re: [HARMON] Harmon Family's website
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 10:33:00 -0400

The site worked for me and I wish it was my Harmon family. No one seems to
know anything about my Harmons.....Theory is a Joseph Harmon b. aft. 1760
was the father of Patrick Harmon b. 1790 MD. d. aft. 1870 in Grayson, VA and
married Mary "Polly"Melton b. after 1791, two other children are listed Mary
A. Harmon who has a child out of wed loch with a Robert Smith, he was named
Joseph Harmon and Elizabeth Harmon who married William Evan 5Oct. 1806.
Patrick and Mary Melton were my ggggggreatgrandparents.
MY BRICK WALL: WHO is really Patrick's parents.
Their children were:
Joseph Harmon, James Harmon b. 1824 Carroll, VA d. abt.1850, married to
Elizabeth Burnett b. 09 Mar 1828 in March 1845, William Harmon b. 1828
married Rebecca Dunford b. 1832, Rebecca V. Harmon b.04Apr1835
d.15Aug 1904 and married Jeremiah Jennings b. 18 Jul 1833d. 06 Nov 1872,
Nancy Harmon b. abt. 1840 married Jeremiah Lineberry b. 18May1834 on
19Feb1857, Wilson Harmon b. abt 1842 d. aft. 1910 married Maryanna Spraga b.
abt. 1844 in Carroll, VA, Mary "Polly" Harmonb. abt. 1845, Sarah Harmon,
George H. Harmon
Their son Joseph Harmon b. 1822 in Woodlawn, Carroll, Va and was married to
Nancy Dunford b. 1827 in Carroll, VA , They were married 03 Mar 1845and
were my gggggrandparents.
Their children were:
Patrick Harmon, Mary Elizabeth Harmon, Jestin Harmon married Samuel Bowers
in 1876, Christianna Harmon, Phoebe Harmon married James Otey Scott 1856,
William Anderson Harmon, who married Martha Ellen Scott 16 Mar 1880, Nancy
Emmaline Harmon wo married William Pierson Cecil on 09Fed1879, Wilson
Harmon, MacCumber Harman, Wilbern Harman who married a woman named Julia in
1895 no last name known, Rebecca Harman,
Their son Patrick Harman(note name spelling change) was b. 1846 died 1914
and is in Walnut Grove Cemetery in Mercer County, WV. and married to Sarah
Jane Hawks in Allegheny, NC. on 10 Jul 1866, She was b.Dec 1846 and died
abt. 1914 in Mercer County, WV
Their children were:Joseph Eli Abraham Harman, John Alexander Harman, Artha
"Callie" Harman,Sarah C. Harman, Elizabeth N.B. Harmon, Absalum "Ansel"
Harman, Victoria C. Harman, William Patrick Harman.
Their son Joseph Eli ABraham Harman b. 25Jan1869 Grayson, VA married Nancy
E. Kinzer 02Aug 1888, She was born 17Mar1867 and died 21Jun1956. They were
my gggrandparents. Both were buried in New Hope Cemetery in Monroe County
in WV.
Their children were Riley Patrick Harmon, Willis McKinley Harmon(known as
Kin), William James Harmon(known as "Doc", Sarah "Sadie Harmon Light, Maggie
J, Harmon(killed in a fire as an infant and Hobart Clayton Harmon.
Their son who was my grandfather was Riley Patrick Harmon(notice change of
name again) He was also known as Robert Patrick Harmon later in his life.
He was born 16 Mar 1892 died 06Feb1961, He as married on 06Dec1914 to
Blanche Mary Grimes b.30Dec1898 Bluefield, WV and died 01Nov1947 in
Charleston, WV. Both are buried at Sunset Memorial Hospital in South
Charleston, WV. Their children were Riley Patrick Harmon Jr. known as Pat,
Gilbert Garnet Harmon,Fred O'Blue Harmon, Warren Joseph Harmon and my father
Raymond Gene Harmon.

HELP ME!!!!! I have wanted to know Patrick b. 1790 is parents for so long.
I've looked for 10 years..
Thanks!! Any help will be appreciated.

Patty Harmon Sanderson