HARRELL-L Archives

Archiver > HARRELL > 1999-01 > 0916213365

From: Nan Harrell Snider <>
Subject: [HARRELL-L] Arkansas Harrell's
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 23:42:45 -0800

This Harrell website is so exciting, and I enjoy reading all about other
Harrell's out there, with a faint hope of finding my brick wall
ancestor, Jethro Harrell. Records relate that he came from the
Carolinias, but I have no documentation outside of AR.

Here is my information:
Jethro (Jefro) Harrell, B:1815 in NC (or possibly SC) D:1866, in AR.
Member of Methodist Epistopal Church
Goodspell's history says Jethro was a 1/2 brother to John Harrell,
who was the father of 10 children.
Jethro was a cousin to Tom Harrell, of AR
Jethro had a relative, named Eli Harrell,in AR in 1870, possibly a
brother or cousin.

Jethro Harrell
Married: Mildred Hunt, from TN, in 1840
She died in 1846, in AR
Children: (1841-1846) first 4 died young,
5th child, Joseph Wyatt Harrell
B: Feb. 6, 1846, in AR, D: Dec. 21, 1922, in AR
Jethro Harrell
Married: Elizabeth Marrow, from NC, in 1850 or 51
B: 1818, NC (was living in AR in 1832) D: 1883, in AL
Children: (1851-58)Martha A., David, Richard, Jackson & Eliza B.
The homeplace of Jethro's son, Joseph Wyatt Harrell, my great
grandfather, was passed down to my grandfather, Joseph Eli Harrell, and
to my father, Connie Jethro Harrell, and to me Nan Harrell Snider.

Joseph Wyatt Harrell married Frances E. Hunton,in AR,on Feb. 20, 1887.
Frances was born on Nov. 18, 1851, in Carroll County Georgia, and was
the daughter of Rev. Felix R. Hunton, Methodist Epistopal Minister
Frances died on February 20, 1887, in AR

Any help would be appreciated,
Sincerely Nan Harrel Snider, Monette, AR

This thread: