HARRELL-L Archives

Archiver > HARRELL > 2010-11 > 1290626912

From: "Bill Thielbahr" <>
Subject: Re: [HARRELL] Samuel Harrells :
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 12:28:32 -0700

Lee - The 3 early Samuel Harrells we know something about are (1) Samuel of
Kent who is the EKA of Major Samuel Harrell (we have a donor for this line);
(2) Samuel b. 1690/1700 Nansemond, d. 1772 Bertie who is father to Cader and
who we think married Elizabeth who was former spouse of Thomas Harrell d.
1741; (3) Samuel of Chowan b. abt 1700 Nansemond, d. 1761 Chowan.

>From deed info we think the father of #2 is probably John Harrell, perhaps
John 1650. Also from deed info (not conclusive, however) the father of #3
is probably Thomas III b. abt 1650 and possibly the brother of John 1650.

This thinking seems to be what most others (including BB) believe is the
most credible.

There is the mysterious Samuel Harrell b. perhaps 1745/1750, son of Thomas
"The Younger", son of Edward 1685, whom we never have found and can't even
speculate about.

I'm not sure if we have donors from #2 and #3 lines but I am sure we don't
have one in the 12 Harrell donors we are trying to study (who have exact 37
marker profiles).

Bill