HARRIS-COLONIALVA-L Archives

Archiver > HARRIS-COLONIALVA > 2005-01 > 1104707114

From: "Ira L. Harris III" <>
Subject: Some Early Virginia Harris Marriages, 1700s, Part I
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 17:05:24 -0600

The following website was placed on the query board. It has information dealing with New York records and Virginia records. I extracted the Harris names from this site and am posting them here.

http://www.nyvagenealogy.homestead.com

REMEMBER: You must check and recheck and document this information. I have some of these in my database already and found that I had some different information. There fore you MUST check this information against other sources you deem reliable. Listed is the date, couple, and county where the marriage occurred. Some of them had the name Douglas after the above information. I would ASSUME this to mean that the information is found in the Douglas Register. The information listed is what was given for each citation that was found at the website.

September 1, 1714, Hugh Harris to Flora Dew,
Richmond County, Virginia

September 22, 1727, Richard Lawson and Mary Harris
Richmond County, Virginia

March 8, 1726, Joseph Brosier and Mary Harris
Lancaster County, Virginia

June 5, 1746, William Womack to Juliana Harris, widow
Brunswick County, Virginia

April 1, 1798, John Harris to Hannah Stevens
Spotsylvania County, Virginia

April 2, 1748, Samuel Flournoy to Elizabeth Harris
Goochland County, Virginia, dad-John Harris, John Wood

August 28, 1754, William Harris to Elizabeth Cradock,
Goochland County, Virginia, Douglas

August 2, 1756, John Morris to Mary Harris,
Goochland County, Virginia, Douglas

November 14, 1756, John Page to Unity Harris,
Goochland County, Virginia, Douglas

December 20, 1756, Nicholas Childers to Isabel Harris,
Goochland County, Virginia, Douglas

December 23, 1756, Peter Walker to Elizabeth Harris,
Goochland County, Virginia, Douglas

1764, Peter Walker to Sarah Harris,
Goochland County, Virginia, Douglas

October 22, 1762, John Yarborough to Barsheba Harris,
Goochland County, Virginia, Douglas

August 3, 1762, Joseph Royal Ferrar to Phebe Harris,
Goochland County, Virginia, Douglas

November 19, 1760, Davis [could this be David?} Harris to Elizabeth Rich, Goochland County, Virginia, Douglas

August 3, 1758, Thomas Harris to Elizabeth Woodhall,
Goochland County, Virginia, Douglas

May 26, 1769, James Harris to Ursely Flournoy,
Goochland County, Virginia, Douglas

May 14, 1767, Bernard Markham to Mary Harris,
Goochland County, Virginia, Douglas

February 6, 1766, Joseph Harris to Rebekah Howard,
Goochland County, Virginia, Douglas

March 4, 1764, Thomas Harris to Sarah Lacy,
Goochland County, Virginia, Douglas

May 1, 1752, Arthur Harris to Elizabeth Douglas
Brunswick County, Virginia, dad-John Douglas

May 8, 1764, Matthew Harris to Elizabeth Tate,
Bedford County, Virginia, dad-Henry Tate.

June 16, 1774, George Harris to Catherine Harris,
Fauquier County, Virginia

July 20, 1771, John Harris to Mary Scott, widow,
Norfolk County, Virginia, surety: Francis Wishart

March 26, 1770, John Baker to Patty Harris,
Brunswick County, Virginia, dad- Henry Harris

Does anyone recognize any of these Harris'? If so, please post the information on HH or HARRIS-COLONIALVA so that others may be helped. Each piece of information we pin down MAY help us to clarify a line. If you know what family line they are part of, please post so that we can study what is there for proof and documentation.

Ira L. Harris III
Evansville, Indiana

This thread: