HARRIS-HUNTERS-L Archives

Archiver > HARRIS-HUNTERS > 1997-12 > 0882983117

From: Steve Deitz <>
Subject: NC Harris family
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 09:05:17 -0800

I am a new subscriber and I am taking Craig up on his advice.

My Harris family resided in NC. My gggrandmother was Mary Elizabeth
Harris b. Oct 25, 1825 in Burke Co. NC? She died March 5, 1915 in
Haywood Co. NC. She was married to John Albert Henry in 1845 somewhere
in Western NC. John A. Henry lived in Haywood Co. NC however, he was
visiting cousins in Cherokee Co. NC or across the line in GA when he met
and married Mary Harris.

I have gotten her death certificate and on it was written as her dad a
Ben Harris, and that she was born in Burke Co. NC. There is a Benjamin
Harris born abt. 1800 NC living in Cherokee Co. NC in the 1850 census,
who then disappears. It is family tradition that Mary's folks left for
MO soon after her marriage. I believe there is a connection with
Rutherford and Burke Co. Harris families that descended from Isaac
Harris of VA. Does anyone have any information on this line? I would
greatly appreciate any information that would confirm the parentage of
my Mary E. Harris.

This thread: