HARRIS-HUNTERS-L Archives

Archiver > HARRIS-HUNTERS > 2010-06 > 1277689656

From: Schomakers Gmail <>
Subject: Re: [HARRIS-HUNTERS] James B. Harris b ca 1815 TN but lived inLouisaCo. 1860-1880
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 18:47:36 -0700

Hi Carol and others interested,

James B(rockman) Harris (1816-1888) of Louisa Co.,VA, is my
great-great-grandfather, through his son Overton Miles Harris (1848-1930),
my grandmother's father. From conversations with my grandmother in the
1960's and 70's, as well as notes written by her older sisters and (very
beat up) Bibles belonging to James B. and his wife, Permelia Barden, I know
that James B. Harris' parents were Overton Harris and Elizabeth Brockman and
that James B. had siblings William, Calvin, and Mary.

In the 1930-50's William Everett Brockman wrote several books about the
Brockman family, and in one of them, Orange County Virginia Families, Volume