HARRIS-HUNTERS-L Archives

Archiver > HARRIS-HUNTERS > 2011-09 > 1315257476

From: "Sarah Andrews" <>
Subject: Re: [HARRIS-HUNTERS] HARRIS-HUNTERS Digest, Vol 6, Issue 144
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 16:18:08 -0500

Hi Carla, I have this little bit of info from Rockingham Co. N. C. Minerva
Settle (b. 1817 N. C.) m. on 10 Dec. 1835, Claiborne Harris (b. Oct 1815 d.
Oct.1850 McNairy Co. TN) Children: Sarah Harris b. 1842 Idiotic
Malinda Harris b. 1845 m. Reuben Henry
Benjamin Coleman Harris b. 1848
Samuel Houston Harris b. 21 Nov. 1850 d. 7 July 1932 m. Fannie Emeline
Edwards in July, 1864. She died 1937 and is buried in the Mt. Pleasant MS
cemetery. Children:
Samuel W. Harris b. 24 Nov. 1889 d. 3 Nov. 1912
Irby Harris b. 30 May 1886 d. 1898
Possibly Edward W. Harris b. 21 Nov. 1891 d. 23 May 1914

This family lived in McNairy County near Michie, TN. After Claiborn's death
they came to Mt. Pleasant, MS. Claiborne Harris was a mechanic and died of
inflamed bowels. I don't know where I got this information. It seems odd
that they would wait 24 years before the first child was born so the 1864
marriage date may be wrong I went to the Mt. Pleasant Ms. cemetery and may
have copied some of these dates. I hope this helps some. Sarah Harris
Andrews Group 4 descendant of Claiborne Harris who was in Anson Co, N. C. in
1800