HARRIS-VA-L Archives

Archiver > HARRIS-VA > 1999-07 > 0932250332

From: <>
Subject: Base Matthew Harris of Brunswick County,VA early 1700's
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 18:25:32 EDT

<< From:SDJZ
To:ChHarris47 (note---I am just passing this on for Sharrie)

My early VA Harris line is Matthew Harris of Brunswick County, Virginia.
Matthew Harris married Sarah Susan Royster. Their son, Charles Harris born
January 11, 1766, in Brunswick County, Virginia is my gggg Grandfather.
Charles Harris married Clara Ann High on March 29, 1787. Charles Harris and
Clara High moved to Warren County, MS, in 1829. Another son of Matthew Harris
and Sarah Susan Royster is Robert P. Harris born May 25, 1772, in Brunswick
County, VA. Robert P. Harris married Rebecca Rice August 12, 1813; they moved
to Warren County, MS.

My info for Matthew Harris is very limited. I have located a will that I
believe to be his will, Will Book 5, page 343, Brunswick County, VA.
"Historical Southern Families" indicates that Matthew Harris and his wife
were the parents of the children that will documented, by Bible records. The
Bible belonged to his son, Robert. I have not seen the actual record.
Other children may be (I am not positive)
Benjamin married Martha Clayton Brunswick County, VA, January 24, 1803
Elizabeth married FNU Noble
John married Rebecca Abernathy July 1788, St. Andrews Parish, VA
Matthew
Moody
Susanne married Thomas Stith, November 27, 1786, Brunswick County, VA
Sarah married John Clayton, December 27, 1790, Brunswick County, VA

Is anyone searching this family?

Sharrie Viars

This thread: