HARRISON-L Archives

Archiver > HARRISON > 1998-06 > 0897007488

From: Josephine Lindsay Bass <>
Subject: Re: Harrison/Boyett Connection
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 20:44:48 -0400

Dear Harvey, wish i could link mine too. often repeated family
tradition and mostly by early TN families.

Look in Goochland, Brunswick VA and old Washington Co. TN which by
the way was Washington Co. VA (I think Jefferson Co. TN falls in
here)

my James Harrison b 1797 m. his cousin Elizabeth Harrisson
in 1815 Old Huntsville, MS Territory (now AL). Migrated prob from
Washington Co. TN/VA - census says b VA and she b SC.

Old Benj the Signer's family has not been fully found - that is part
of what we are trying to do - collect and link all the Harrisons in
the hopes that we will find out.

I suspect a Benjamin Harrison in Goochland and later a Benjamin in
Brunswick may be connected. Just a hunch.

One of the James Harrison's (1777-1868) m. a Lydia (Bottoms?) in 1797
in Jefferson Co. TN moved to Laurel Co. KY abt 1835.
He may be son of Benj Harrison and Philadelphia INMAN, Prince Edward
Co. VA > Jefferson Co. TN - they owned land in 1789 on Nolichucky
River that joined James Harrison's property.

James and Lydia had a dau - Philadelphia "Delphia" "Lydia" Harrison
(1800-1870) who m. 1st Hardy HART then 2nd John David BENGE lived in
Clay Co. KY.

If this is His father then Benjamin goes back to ANDREW > Anthony of
Over and Peter of Cambridge > ENG who we suspect is connected in some
way to Benj the signer - either here or back in ENG.

If you recognize this family please let me know so we can add to
their records.

josie

At 10:45 PM 6/3/98 -0500, you wrote:
>This is my first posting to the Harrison Family mail. I am trying
>determine the accuracy of a statement regarding the mother of my
>gggrandfather.
>
>His name was Paschal Harrison Bottoms.
>
>We feel pretty good about a man named John Bottom/s was his father.
It
>seems that the family added the 's' in the first half of the
nineteenth
>century.
>
>A researcher who I have not been able to verify some of his
information has
>stated that my Paschal's mother was a Boyet(te), which is plausible
because
>children married Boyettes in Gibson County, Tennessee.
>
>I know that all these people because of 1850 census were born in
Virginia.
>I have no record or idea of where in Virginia. The wife of John and
>possibly mother of Paschal died between 1830 and 1840.
>
>Now here is the statement that I am really trying to confirm. This
>researcher indicated that the Boyettes were first cousins to
President
>Harrison, which I assume to be William Henry.
>
>I have been unable to follow President Harrison's line to a Boyette
myself.
>Does anyone have any answers for me? A positive answer would be a
bonus for
>me as it would probably give me a lead in Virginia. However, a
negative
>answer is not the end of the world for me.
>
>Harvey L. Bottoms

Josephine Bass
216 Beach Park Lane
Cape Canaveral, Fl 32920

"The most effectual means of preventing tyranny is to illuminate, as
far as practical, the minds of the people at large, and more
especially to give them knowledge of those facts which history
exhibiteth, that possessed thereby of the experience of other ages
and countries, they may be able to know ambition under all of its
shapes, and be prompt to exert their natural powers to defeat its
purposes."

Thomas Jefferson, a Southern man

This thread: