HARRISON-L Archives

Archiver > HARRISON > 2003-07 > 1057541340

Subject: [HARRISON] Re: Benjamin Harrison, (not) signer of the Declaration
Date: 6 Jul 2003 19:29:00 -0600

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/jhh.2ACIB/543.1503.1.1

Message Board Post:

I am a descendant of James Harrison and Mary Ann, said to be Washington. I now think that "Washington" may be from a misreading of James Harrison's will. Their daughter Nancy married Gray Washington and had a son named Robert Wylie Washington.
Robert Harrison, son of James and Mary Ann, married Martha Baugh and moved to Edgefield, South Carolina. His son, Wiley Harrison, was my gggfather.

There is information on this Benjamin Harrison line in John Bennett Boddie's "Historical Southern Families", Geneological Publishing Co, 1970 (also available on CD-ROM). For more details, look for Shepherd Spencer Neville Brown's, "Neville, Jones, Spencer, Harrison Families and Collateral Lines 1600-1992", Texian Press, Waco, TX -- 1993.
Neither book follows your family past Charles Tillman Harrison, though.
"Genealogies of Virginia Families", Volume IV, "Washingtons of Surrry Co." has more about Gray Washington and Nancy Harrison (and is the reason I doubt that Mary Ann ___ Harrison was a Washington).

Where did your family go from Brunswick Co, VA?

This thread: