HARTMAN-L Archives

Archiver > HARTMAN > 2003-10 > 1067186280

Subject: [HARTMAN-L] Jacob Hartman, 1818-1854, Jefferson Co. Ohio
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 11:38:00 EST

Actually I am looking for information on his son, Samuel T. Hartman. He may
have been a minister. Samuel T. married an Elizabeth Allison in 1872 in Carroll
Co. Ohio.

Jacob may have been the son of Solomon and Sarah Saltsman Hartman. Jacob
married Catherine Groves, daughter of Peter Groves and Sarah Swickard. Jacob and
Catherine died about four years apart. He in 1854 and she in 1858. Both are
buried at the Zion ME Cemetery in Jefferson Co. They had three sons:

1) George Washington Hartman and wife Sarah Hartley were married in Richland
Co. Wisconsin and raised their family there.
2) William Swasey Hartman died in 1870 and is buried at Zion Cemetery with
his parents.
3) Samuel T. Hartman. And here I have struck out. Sam is four years old on
the 1850 census, born Ohio. I know that he is not the Samuel living in Huron
Co., Ohio in 1920. As a minister he could have traveled anywhere, but I have not
found him.

Any help appreciated.

Serena in Michigan

This thread: