HARTSFIELD-L Archives

Archiver > HARTSFIELD > 2000-11 > 0974554494

From: <>
Subject: John Hartsfield
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 08:34:54 EST

John Hartsfield married Mary "Polly" RILEY not Tresley. Her father was John
Riley, Sr. I don't know her mother's name. Someone misread the marriage
record or her name was misspelled as Mary's Rev War Widow's Pension shows her
name to be Riley. Mary Riley Hartsfield is on the Wake Co 1850 Census living
with her daughter Ciddy Blake. John and Mary Riley Hartsfield are my 4th
great grandparents.

Their daughter, Kedy, m. WILEY Hill not Willie Hill. They are my 3rd great
grandparents. They were both dead before 1840.

There is information on one of Richard Hartsfield's sons (William Sidney
Hartsfield) in the Tennessee Civil War Veterans Questionnaires. Richard
Hartsfield m. Penny Simmons, daughter of Wiley and Likey Simmons in Wake Co.

Phyllis Mistrot

This thread: