HAWAII-L Archives

Archiver > HAWAII > 1999-10 > 0939870642

From: Ethelynne <>
Subject: [HAWAII] [HAWAII-L] HULIKOA/KALAWEAUMOKU and more.
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 17:10:42 -1000

Aloha List!!

It's been a while since I posted to the list. I've found some "new" names
regarding my 'ohana. I'm stuck!! I have a partial genealogy, obtained
from a film from the LDS FHC for the "family of Elizabeth MAKUAKANE," which
includes (posted here in somewhat of a biblical format):

1. HULIKOA (k) m.KAILIHAO (w) aka KAILIHAU (w); they begat

2. KALAWEAMOKU or KALAWEAUMOKU (k) aka Kalaweaumoku HULIKOA who married
KELALAINA/KALALAINA/KEALALAINA aka KAINALU (w); they begat

3. KAOHUMU (w) (my gg-grandma) m. NAWAHINEELUA (k) (my gg-grandpa); they begat

4-1. PAAKAI (w) (my ggrandma), who was married, possibly three times; one
marriage was to HANO, William(?); the last to Antone Soares ANDRADE (my
ggrandfather); and

4-2. KAUPENA (w), who married KELIIKEIKIOLE (k) aka KEIKIOLE (k).

Although not indicated in the above-mentioned geneaology, it appears that
couple #2 had two children, a male and a female, both named KAOHUMU.

There was a kane KAOHUMU KALAWEAUMOKU who married a wahine named KUHAULU
Kalaweaumoku. His parents were KALAWEAUMOKU (k) and KELULAINA aka
KEALALAINA (w) aka KELUPAINA. I believe this is the same couple who had
KAOHUMU, my gg-grandma.

Coincidently, the "kane" KAOHUMU also had 2 daughers named PAAKAI and
KAUPENA, both born in Laie.

According to information I've found, KAOHUMU, the wahine, was born 1859 in
Kapalama, Oahu, Hawaii yet another reference indicates she was born abt.
1851 in Maui, probably Hana.

I have the divorce decree for NAWAHINEELUA (k) vs. KAOHUMU (w) which was
granted 12 Jan 1884. According to this decree, this couple was married on
29 Jul 1873 in Laie, Oahu. No children are mentioned in the divorce decree.

The marriage certificate for "Kattie" NAWAHINEELUA and Antone Soares
ANDRADE lists her parents as NAWAHINEELUA (k) and KAOHUMU (w). She and
Antone were married
on 19 Apr 1906. Paakai, aka "Kattie" died almost 2 weeks after giving
birth to my grandma, Katherine "Kiki" ANDRADE, in May 1908.

Katherine ANDRADE aka Katie Napua ANDRADE, married George Hutchison WRIGHT,
of Gulick Avenue in Kalihi. They had 13 children.

If any of these names look familiar to anyone, please email me!!! I'd like
to meet other 'ohana and exchange family information.

Mahalo for your time!!

Ethelynne K. Soares-Teves
Kalihi, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii

This thread: