HAWAII-L Archives

Archiver > HAWAII > 2003-09 > 1063436078

From: "Wayne Jones" <>
Subject: RE: Location of Halawa. Hawaii T. H.
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 20:54:51 -1000

One site for Halawa is the Island of Oahu. Locate a road map of Hawaii,
Island of Oahu, and locate the H3 freeway -- The H-3 freeway follows the
Halawa Valley up to the mountains on the Pearl Harbor side of the island.
Of couse, that does not preclude the possible existence of a Halawa on the
Big ISland, although I have never heard of one.

Also -- 1894 and 1895 are when the Japanese first started arriving in the
Islands, if my memory serves me correctly. The earliest that my wife's
ancestors arrived is 1896, and he was supposed to be one of the earliest to
arrive.

One possible source for information is the Japanese Consulate, because back
the, most Japanese reported births to the Consulate for recording in their
home prefecture back in Japan.

Aloha
Wayne, NH6K