HAWAII-L Archives

Archiver > HAWAII > 2003-09 > 1064813786

From: "Wayne Jones" <>
Subject: RE: Birth, Marriage and Death records in Hawaii
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 19:38:40 -1000

Have you tried the Hawaii State Library microfilm collection? If not,go
there and look around. Birth, Marriage and death record indices are there
up until about 1940 (I believe). Japanese arrival records (indexed cards,
really, showing when and what ship) up to about 1910 are available in the
State Archives (behind and to the right of Iolani Palace). After that, you
need to contact the Japanese Consulate. You should also check the Family
History Centers located throughout the Island of Oahu (one is on Beretania
next to Foodland) are also a good resource.

Aloha
Wayne, NH6K